Thursday, December 6, 2012

The tease and the torment.........

Yes well, it's been a year of note!

What's the tease about this posting period? My daughter stringing me along with an intended visit from Cape Town, and then pitching up on the doorstep two days earlier. Then to add to the tease not staying as long as I would have liked her to stay!

The torment........

A casual visit transpired into a serious health scare, and then settled down to a manageable-we-hope health scare. Jeanine was potentially diagnosed with Graves Disease and it all came from having a thyroid check after having concerns about her weight. An elevated heart rate that she has been living with for years has remained unknown to us, but could have been life-threatening in years to come. All this because her thyroid is out of sinc! We thank the Lord that we have fantastic doctors who were able to detect that there was a problem. So the tests have confirmed that she does not have Graves Disease but does have hyperthyroidism, which can be managed with medication.

So the last day of her visit became a sewing frenzy to make up for all the days lost from endless blood tests, scans and doctors visits that could have been used to chill and sew! And this was a biggie for left-handed Jeanine.....only a few seams and hems. The only way she will overcome her lack of confidence is to plug away at sewing, consistently challenging herself to tackle a more demanding project every new garment. But I am inclined to agree with Merche and I quote "but as a left-handed I had to make things my way, (my mother can´t stand the sight of me cutting fabric, or pinning,says it looks dangerous!)"

                                        So this was Jeanine's top ....

And above, taking over my sewing room for a whole day, which left me on standby to gently (I must remember this!) instruct during the process.

All in all, we both felt we had "grown" in the process. Well done Sweetpea!

1 comment:

  1. Jeanine's top looks absolutely gorgeous on her, well done!

    ReplyDelete